FASHION BASICS FOR WOMEN
“Real woman are fat… And thin… And both and otherwise…” – Hanne Blank
It’s absolutely true that every woman is beautiful the way she is, but external beauty is as important as inner beauty.
The fashion industry is not only trying to improvise the outlook of the people but also is trying to change the way people look and feel about them.
A person can only reflect beauty, grace & elegance when he/ she is feeling the same from within.
Though there is no specific definition of beauty, still with changing time and colonization of people and sects of society, a specific outlook has been given to the term ‘beautiful’.
These definitions and descriptions vary from area to area. For example, in North American countries beauty lies in fair & flawless skin tone.
While my move to the southern areas, the shades of beautiful skin changes to dusky in Mexico & then even darker south American countries.
- Why is this variation there in the definition of beauty and a standard way of looks of a human being?
For this, a huge reason is the fashion industry, which is deeply integrated into the film industries. Be is Hollywood or Bollywood it influences the fashion industry and in turn the individual to a great extent. Every season the fashion that comes out form the fashion weeks, if directly reflected into the various looks of celebrities. And in turn, celebrities affect the individuals in a major way.
- So when it comes to beauty, is it directly related to fashion or fashion is just an accessory to enhance that?
This is totally subjective and depends upon the individual and his/ her societal influence. There are certain sects of Indian society that consider the fashion inclination to be a status symbol. And on the other hand, there are certain groups that consider themselves to be totally detached from the fashion updates.
When we talk about the women, they are usually highly influenced by the fashion outbreaks and updates. And when it comes to new aged women, they are especially concerned about the way they look.
There are different types of body shapes for women depending on the build up and fat deposition in the body. The figures/ shapes can be majorly classified into following categories:
DIFFERENT BODY TYPES
- Straight body type is defined by minimal curves.
- The proportion of shoulders, waist, and hip is same.
- This body structure women have a longer torso and very less or no curves.
- Peplum dress: Women with straight body shall prefer wearing peplum dress, this would not only provide them a waist curve but also would make the body more proportionate.
- Mid waist belts: Belts always cut the body length and this helps women with the straight body. Thin belts on bodycon dresses provide curve and make the figure more proportionate.
- Ruffles: Women having the straight body can easily afford to have ruffles at most of the places of the dress. Neck, waist, the hip region having ruffles would enhance curves and gives volume to the entire outfit.
- Pear shape body type is defined by narrow shoulders and thick waist & hip area.
- This body structure woman has the very short torso with the broader waistline.
- Wide-hemmed pants: For women having a pear-shaped body structure, they should try to go for wide hemmed pants or skater bottomed skirts/ dresses. This would balance their comparatively wide waist and hip area.
- Layering: Wearing layers on the top portion always helps the women with the pear-shaped figure to draw attention towards their upper portion of the body. And this would further reduce the focus on the lower part which in turn make the figure look proportionate.
- Dark bottoms: Women having broader bottom area should mostly stick to the darker bottom wear shades. Doing this makes the bottom area look slimmer and balances the narrow shoulder and upper body.
- Oval shape body type is defined by narrow shoulders, wide waist & then narrow hip region.
- In this body structure, the fat deposition takes place in the waist region and makes the legs and hip lean.
- No tapering bottoms: Woman with oval body type should always stay away from tapering bottom pants/ jeans or bottoms. And they should always choose flared bottoms to balance the wide waist area.
- Vertical details: Having vertical details on tops or bottoms makes the figure look slimmer & proportionate. Wearing clothes with vertical detailing would balance the narrow shoulder and wide waist. By aligning every section and make it look somewhat straight.
- Inverted body type is defined by broad shoulders, comparatively narrow waist, and narrower hip region.
- This structure makes the maximum fat deposition in the upper torso area, making the body bustier.
- Wear jackets: Wearing smart jackets would enhance the top portion making the body look straighter.
- Darker tops: Having an inverted body shape would make the top portion broader, thus wearing dark-colored tops would make the top portion look leaner.
- Avoid wearing boat necks/ oversized collars: Since the top portion is much emphasized in this body type, so avoid wearing broader cut boat necks & oversized collars.
- Hourglass body type is defined by broad shoulders, narrow waist, and shoulder width hips.
- This is the most preferable and aspired for body shape for women.
- This shape makes the body look proportionate and thus even if the female is on the heavier side, the body looks in shape.
- Wear bust balancing: Though it’s a boon to have an hourglass figure, yet wearing dresses that do not enhance bust is needed. Try to avoid much of the details in the neck region.
- Go for mid-rise bottoms: Since the butt area is having the required amount of bulk, so it’s important to choose mid-rise jeans/ pants so as to cover the required portions.
- Go for half butt covering tops: This figure type women are having nice curves so in order to enhance that it’s important to give torso the right amount of attention.
All the above-mentioned body structures are just a wide and broad categorization of the types of bodies women are having.
There a lot of other combinations of top, mid & bottom that makes a women body.
Despite the fact that there are only certain types of figures which are included in the brackets of beautiful, yet each and every woman if beautiful the way she is.
This is where the inner beauty comes into picture !!!!
Click Here for Aman Mathur Fashion Designer